Terms of service
USE OF OUR SERVICE
You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with Cotton Rack, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must enter into this Agreement on your behalf, and will be responsible for your use of and access to the Service; this includes financial responsibility for any items you purchase through the Service. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and is in violation of this Agreement. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at email@example.com. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Cotton Rack. Cotton Rack reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement. Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities in connection with the Service:
(1) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”;
(2) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Cotton Rack servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that, subject to the privacy settings of our Users, Cotton Rack grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from Cotton Rack for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials);
(3) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email;
(4) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service;
(5) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
(6) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service;
(7) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service;
(8) using the Service for any commercial purposes;
(9) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
(10) interfering with the proper working of the Service;
(11) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service;
(12) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein, or
(13) decompiling, reverse engineering, or otherwise attempting to obtain the source code of the Service.
We may, without prior notice, change the Service, stop providing the Service or features of the Service (to you or generally), or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice or liability to Cotton Rack, for any reason or for no reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement or your access to the Service for any reason or no reason, you will continue to be bound by the terms of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, including without limitation ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All Cotton Rack designs and third party designs featured on Cotton Rack are copyright and intellectual property of their respective designers and cannot be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of the creators/designers.
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on Cotton Rack is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Cotton Rack and featured designers, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
Cotton Rack does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on Cotton Rack website, which are linked to Affiliates and/or third party websites using Cotton Rack APIs or otherwise. In addition, Cotton Rack may provide links to the third party websites of affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Cotton Rack assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them, and Cotton Rack does not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). Cotton Rack does not in any way endorse any third party website(s) or content thereof
Cotton Rack welcomes links to this Website. You may establish a hypertext link to Cotton Rack website, provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by Cotton Rack. You must not use on your site or in any other manner any trademarks, service marks or any other materials appearing on Cotton Rack, including any logos or characters, without the express written consent of Cotton Rack and the owner of the mark or materials. You must not frame or otherwise incorporate into another third party website or present in conjunction with or juxtaposed against such a website any of the content or other materials on the Cotton Rack website without Cotton Rack’s prior written consent.
You agree not to post User Content that:
(1) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
(2) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
(3) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
(4) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
(5) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
(6) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets);
(7) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
(8) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. To the extent that your User Content contains music, you hereby represent that you are the owner of or possess all rights to all the copyright rights, including without limitation the performance, mechanical, and sound recordings rights, with respect to each and every musical composition (including lyrics) and sound recording contained in such User Content and have the power to grant the license granted below. Cotton Rack reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Cotton Rack believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions. You understand that publishing your User Content on the Service is not a substitute for registering it with the Indian Copyright Office, or any other rights organization.
In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
(1) You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Service and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
(2) Cotton Rack may exercise the rights to your User Content that are granted to Cotton Rack under this Agreement, without payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
OUR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Cotton Rack under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Cotton Rack does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Cotton Rack, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Cotton Rack may provide Cotton Rack members referral credits when members invite their friends to join Cotton Rack (“Referral Credits”). Referral Credits may be awarded to the referrer when her friends join, as well as when her friends make their first purchases.
All credits, referral or otherwise can be used on a minimum shopping cart subtotal (pre-shipping) amount of ₹500/-.
If you purchase an item through the Service, your purchase will be processed in accordance with the “Orders” section of our Help section, delivered to you according to our Shipping Policies, and, if applicable, returns will be handled in accordance with our Return Policy, all of which are incorporated herein by this reference.
Refunds for returned purchases will be handled in accordance with our Return Policy.
While availing any of the payment method/s offered at Cotton Rack, Cotton Rack will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
(1) Lack of authorization for any transaction/s; or
(2) Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between your “Bank/s”; or
(3) Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
(4) Decline of transaction for any other reason/s.
All payments made against the purchases/services on Cotton Rack by You shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable by the Union of India. Cotton Rack does not accept any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Cotton Rack.
Cotton Rack cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Since we respect artist and content owner rights, it is Cotton Rack’s policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 (as amended by the Copyright Amendment Act 2012).
(1) Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(2) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Cotton Rack to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
(3) A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Once proper, bona fide infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent listed below, it is our policy:
(1) To remove or disable access to the infringing material;
(2) That repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that we will terminate such content provider’s, member’s or user’s access to the Service.
If the content provider, member, or user believes that the material that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
(2) A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Cotton Rack and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Cotton Rack’s rights and obligations under the Indian Copyright Act, 1957, but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 and other applicable laws.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Cotton Rack and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
(1) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you;
(2) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties you make in this Agreement;
(3) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights;
(4) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation;
(5) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that is submitted via your account; or
(6) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your username, password or other appropriate security code.
THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE YOU PURCHASE THROUGH THE SERVICE (“PRODUCT”) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE AND THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COTTON RACK, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE OR THE PRODUCTS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COTTON RACK ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
(1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE;
(2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCT;
(3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN;
(4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE;
(5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY;
(6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR
(7) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in India. Cotton Rack makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable Indian local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country embargoed by India or that has been designated by the Indian government as a “terrorist-supporting” country, and that you are not a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the Indian government or otherwise listed on any Indian government list of prohibited or restricted parties. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in India.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Cotton Rack without restriction.
GOVERNING LAW: ARBITRATION
This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with Cotton Rack in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Cotton Rack concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Cotton Rack’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Effective Date: [22-06-2019]